Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Adventures in Asia - Part I

First stop: Hong Kong, a.k.a. "Gourmet's Paradise" or "World's Fair of Food"
Made it into HK right before the typhoon hit, so quite fortunate there. I have always found HK seafood to be of the freshest and highest caliber, and immediately decided on Miso, a Japanese sushi bar, located at the Gateway Arcade, at Harbor City. Aside from their modern and immaculate flair, this place truly understands the art of presentation which is only underscored by their perseverance to bring the most liveliest (in some cases, legs still wriggling on your dish) and freshest food straight from out of the tank. I prefer some items more thoroughly cooked. Lobster was the special of the evening, and I had mine grilled. Also had crab claw/leg, which had an interesting infused charcoal scent imparted by the grill. With a front row seat, I find the most amusement in watching the master sushi chefs arranging their bowls and platters behind the counter, order after order.

Finally, to top it off for dessert, I indulged in a cool almond tofu, shape in a ring, suspended in a moat of melted green tea ice cream, topped with a scoop of black sesame seed ice cream and a crispy, nutty wafer for contrasting texture. It was simply irresistible!

1 comment:

  1. last time I was in Hong Kong, my first meal was also Miso. small world.

    ReplyDelete